Alcohol is the number one drug of choice in Ireland with one in 10 being estimated as alcoholic, with this having a direct negative effect on at least 5 other people. Alcohol abuse acts as a gateway for other drug use and ultimately to addiction.
Used long term alcohol can cause liver damage, heart disease and other health problems and eventually physical dependency develops.
Long before the problems abovementioned are present, alcoholism has a serious impact on the individual’s confidence and ability to achieve goals in life. It affects relationships at every level in society
Is alcohol controlling your life?
By answering these questions honestly you will learn more about how drinking has affected your life.
- Is there unhappiness in your home life due to your drinking?
- Do you neglect your family or your relationships because of drink?
- Do you drink to give yourself confidence in your relationships?
- Are people remarking on the amount you are drinking?
- Do you drink to escape worries or difficulties?
- Have you missed time at work because of your drinking?
- Is your efficiency at work affected by your drinking?
- Do you sometimes feel remorseful after drinking?
- Are your finances in difficulty because of your drinking?
- Do you ever have to go for a ‘ cure’ ?
- Does your drinking affect your ability to have a good night’s sleep?
- Do you avoid conversations concerning the affect of drinking on your health?
- Do you suffer from memory loss as a result of your drinking?
- Has your doctor ever treated you for the effects of your drinking?
If you have answered yes to 5 of these questions or your answers concern you, please contact us in confidence at 065-684 0944 or by e-mail at email@example.com
We can guide you and assist you to making positive changes in your life by calling us in confidence at 065-684 0944 or submit details to firstname.lastname@example.org