BushyPark Treatment Programme is based on the Minnesota Model of treatment which offers recovery and improved quality of life based on abstinence. Our treatment philosophy is based on the belief that addiction is a disease and abstinence is the best way to manage the condition.
We approach treatment in a holistic way, working with the mind, body and spirit as components for a healthy life. We are not a religious based centre but rather work on the spiritual needs of the clients.
The stages of the programme are:
- Phone support service
- Assessment/Screening Service
- Pre-Treatment Programme
- 28 day residential treatment programme
- Family Programme and Family Therapy
- Follow up care – reviews and ongoing phone support
- 2 year continuing care programme
Limited to 13 participants this intensive therapy programme is run by qualified counsellors where we run a 3:1 ratio of counsellors to clients. This ensures that the client has 2 sessions of group therapy daily and has daily sessions with a counsellor. Each Client is given tailor made individual treatment plan by their case manager.
Minnesota Model of Treatment – 12 Step Programme
- Motivational Interviewing
- Reality Therapy
- Client Centred Counselling
- Rational Emotive Therapy
The Daily Schedule for Residents Includes or Programme Content ?
- Group Therapy – 2 sessions daily
- Individual Counselling for addiction and related issues
- Gender Groups – i.e. male and female only groups
- Peer Support – Feedback, identification and assignment focused
- Structured Peer Groups
- Addiction Education – 2 lectures daily
- Workshops on various topics – anger, bereavement, loss etc
- Daily Meditation and reflections
- Therapeutic Duties
- Fellowship Support Groups – AA, NA, GA – weekly meeting of each
- Relaxation – Sport, Games, TV, DvD’s
- Creative Therapy
- Family Conferences and Family Education Programme
Healthy Diet and Nutrition is monitored and developed by staff in the centre.